Submission Call: CRINKLE Volume 1
CRINKLE: A Babyfur Anthology
Deadline: June 15, 2021
Payment: $30 Flat Rate Per Story (See payment details below)
Word count: 2,500-8,000 — a little above and a little below will be acceptable.
Story Count: We will be accepting a total of ten stories for this anthology.
Ailurus Press is accepting submissions for a new anthology, CRINKLE, to be edited by Leo Award-winning editor and author Linnea Capps under the pen name Amanda B. Sitter!
Every now and then, everyone likes to feel like a kid again — some just take it to a whole different level. ABDL (adult baby/diaper lovers) are particularly popular within the furry fandom and it’s about time there was an anthology with stories for the littles, caretakers, and everyone in between. No, we’re not talking about bedtime stories for the kids! We’re looking for wholesome stories that will warm the hearts of any fan of ABDL reading them.
- A doubleheader for the biggest movie release of the year! A fox goes to watch it with a friend, but one is surprised that their badger buddy never had to use the bathroom, even after drinking an extra-large soda. The badger reveals his movie-going secret, and the fox becomes curious to try.
- A kangaroo finds herself quite sad with no more joey to take care of after all these years. She learns about the ABDL community through a friend and finds that being a caretaker is a fulfilling part of her life.
Do not feel restricted by our examples, however. Want to put a little into a sci-fi story? Go for it! ABDL medieval fantasy? Why not! We want to see your creative takes on these kinds of stories, so as long as they’re furry we’re here for it!
Feel free to write the characters as adults or someone who is just fully into headspace at the time — either is alright! “Messy” situations are okay, just make sure they come content warnings for the editor. We’re also okay with age regression, just make sure it’s clear what is happening in the story.
Things Ailurus Press Will NOT Accept
- Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
- Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18 presented in a positive light.
- Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction presented in a positive light.
- Snuff, necrophilia, or bestiality presented in a positive light
If there are any doubts on if your story would qualify, just ask! It’s better to reach out than get rejected. We even have an official Telegram group prospective submitters may join to ask questions and meet other authors: (https://t.me/joinchat/HtVXhD3iChpe2Hzl).
Where To Submit
Submit stories to: amandabsitter [at] gmail.com
You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any). Reprints are fine, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
To avoid confusion, here are some details on payment for this anthology:
- Authors will be paid a flat rate of $30 per story.
- Authors will also be able to purchase contributor’s copies of the book at cost.
- Authors will be asked to offer us one year of exclusivity for their story before publishing it elsewhere or posting it to a gallery site.
- Authors are free to use their stories as the basis for other works (sequels, continuations, etc.)
- Authors will have a section in the anthology where they can direct readers to their website, social media, or a gallery containing their other works.
Crinkle On Kickstarter
We have decided to bring CRINKLE Volume 1 to Kickstarter to fund its initial run. This allows us the potential to turn this anthology into an even greater celebration of the Babyfur and ABDL communities by helping us afford illustrations by ten popular artists within its pages. We were also able to secure featured stories from prominent Babyfur authors like Babystar, Crinkle Cat, Omikron, and Horatio Husky.
We are hoping these added efforts will help us establish CRINKLE as a yearly anthology within the Furry, Babyfur, and ABDL communities! Our Kickstarter is set to begin May 11th, so stay tuned for further details.